Friday, January 14, 2011

Apologies All Around

 First of all, let me start by apologizing for the extreme lack of updates.  I could give all sorts of excuse for this.  I have had some legitimate health concerns but mostly it's because I don't spend much time on the computer.  I will try to be better about updating but I won't make any promises. 


This week I have a few pictures of miniatures I've recently finished.  First up are some 28mm Border Reivers.  These are 28mm figures from Craven Images, distributed by Monolith Designs.  The figures are nicely done and paint up quite well.  This is only the first six figures of a much larger commission.  I will post more images as I get more figures completed.  For those who don't know, the Border Reivers were a group of individuals who prowled the border area between Scotland and England.  They appear to have been ruffians, scoundrels, and other ner do wells who raided and plundered for a living.  Of course, both England and Scotland employed them as scouts and light cavalry for their armies. 
These figures marks a first for me as I have never painted any renaissance types before.  I quite like them. 


 Next we have some 8th army British from World War Two.  These figures are also a first for me as they are the first 10mm figures I've painted.  I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I believe that they are Magister Millitum?  The owner did tell me, once, but I can't remember.  They are nice figures for their size.  Interestingly, there has been some talk of smaller size figures becoming more popular as you can get more for you money.  With the economic slump this may be an important factor for some.  Time will tell I suppose.

For those not familiar, the British 8th army was the designation for their army that fought in the North African desert in World War Two.  These were the lads who fought against the German Afrika Korps and their Italian allies. 

Thank you for looking.  Until next time...

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment