Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Khurasan strikes again

I've been pretty busy of late but did want to take a bit of time for some additions. I have been trying to catch up on commissions and one that I am overdue on is several units of late Roman cavalry.

These are Khurasan 15mm cavalry. They depict some Romanized Goths. The shield design is taken from the Notitia Dignitatum, which is a document showing army units and shield patterns of the late Roman army. The shield pattern is for the Equites Batavi Iuniores. Is it a faithfully reproduced copy on my part? Well, no, but it's close enough for me.

I've been asked if I hand paint all my shield designs. If a client provides decals or transfers then I will use them Otherwise I hand paint all my patterns. After all, the originals were hand painted so probably had quite a bit of variation in them. Same for me.

Enjoy....










No comments:

Post a Comment