Monday, February 22, 2010

Robojumbo

Sometimes, a commission comes in that is not what is expected.
I received an email about a month back from a fellow professional painter who needed a bit of help. His request for price quote to paint a 28mm elephant was met with a bit of excitement from me as I have never painted one this big before. My imagination roamed as I thought of it being perhaps a Ptolemaic elephant complete with crew. Or maybe a Sassanid type with howdah and archers. A Burmese with all those figures hanging on the sides?




Well, as you can see, it was none of those. Although it does have a Persian flair to it. While the elephant wasn't what I expected, it was quite fun to paint and, as the Monty Python troupe would say, "now for something completely different".





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment